Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Too Many Eggs

We have 9 laying hens.  They are laying an average of 6 eggs a day and we aren't keeping up.  So I made this.
My Betty Crocker cookbook had a recipe for an orange chiffon cake that took 7 seperated eggs, but I didn't have any oranges to peel or squeeze, so I went for the chocolate chip variation.  But instead of using grated chocolate, I used chocolate chips...they sank, but now I don't need to glaze it.  Besides that it turned out pretty good.  Might just be beginner's luck.  I'm impressed that it is still moist though, and I made it on Thursday and have been storing it in my cake dome.

We've been eating lots of fried eggs and french toast, and I should make some quiche.  Still, I have about 7 dozen right now.  Anybody have any suggestions for what to do with so many eggs?

No comments: